Engineering Manager - Build and Release
Located in San Francisco, United States
December 15th, 2017
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to lead our Build and Release team. This team is responsible for delivery of Slack client software at an ever-increasing scale. At Slack, we believe our deployment pipeline should provide high quality, fast delivery of features to users.
In addition to owning the growth and output of the Build and Release team, as the manager of this team your will work closely with the mobile and desktop application infrastructure teams and teams across the company with the sole mission of making Slack the best place in the world to develop mobile and client applications. This team has a truly diverse skillset with experts in Android and iOS tool ecosystems, Continuous Integration infrastructure and client delivery automation. Slack is hiring for an engineering manager that can help provide focus within this broad mission and work with the team to execute on the highest impact initiatives.
- Organize and provide opportunities for engineers to grow and deliver measurable business impact.
- Shape our Build and Release toolchain and process for all mobile desktop clients by partnering with developers and key technical leaders.
- Represent the team in planning meetings, effectively communicating the relative priorities and impact of team goals.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You have previous experience in Operations and you are up to date on best practices within the continuous integration and deployment ecosystem.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a dynamic and quickly-growing company.